What is it?
Brighton 2 Opto Tube Compressor is a custom-built, versatile, integrated compressor with a strong character, upgraded quality and Apple M1 Native compatibility. It can be slow and smooth like a classic RMS opto with normal settings, or push it to extremes and it is very capable of some snappy ‘pumping’.
What makes Brighton 2 Opto Tube Compressor tick?
It is based both on a classic Vactrol VTL5 optical photocell detector and a custom-built one, prototyped on a breadboard with a new-concept, custom-circuit tube preamp designed by V. Realacci of Sound & Light (in Formia, Italy).
Brighton 2 Opto Tube Comp is an official third-party plugin for N4 Player
INSTALL N4 Player directly from your Aquarius free app
This plugin uses a patented technology courtesy of Acustica Audio SRL Nebula ©. For more information after purchase, please read the accompanying manual for installation, settings and usage.
What is it best used for?
With its modern tube compressor concept, Brighton OTC is well suited to a wide range of applications, especially for vocals (even with a high amount of gain reduction), lead lines, bass and drums – short attack and recovery are very interesting. Also, using it in buss or master buss with moderate settings can be pleasantly surprising.
Fast attack and recovery
The attack and recovery times are, for this machine, quite fast compared to other similar compressors thanks to the use of a very fast type of LED light source.
Brighton Opto Tube Comp is already capable to retain a good amount of low-end even at a high level of reduction and 100% wet signal, but if this is not enough, it also features an internal sidechain to allow the user to set the low response at the preferred level.
Brighton 2 Opto Tube Compressor Features
- Vactrol VTL5 optical photocell detector and a second one
with ultra fast last generation LED light bulb.
- Ratios: 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 20 (limiter)
- Attack (ms): .1, .25, 3.2, 7.1, 12, 18, 25, 32.5, 41, 50, 60
- Recovery (s): .03, .15, .18, .23, .3, .42, .6, 1.05, 1.8, 3, 4.5
- Peak reduction range (dB): from 0 to -64
- Makeup gain range (dB): from 0 to +24
- Hi pass filter sidechain (Hz): from 0 (sidechain off) to 1000
- VU Meters IN/OUT -42/+5dB; REDUCTION 0/-30dB
Brighton 2 Changelog from V1
- Silicon M compatible with VST and AU formats
- 4X oversampling
- better curve on lower frequencies
- all new comp samples (from the same machine but several years and skills later)
- new VU meters tech
- improved overall sound
Available in VST, AU, AAX – 64 bit formats.