Sunshine is a wonderful thing! We’ve been experiencing some heat over here and this boost in vitamin D, while giving us a spring in our step, has also made us decidedly kinder. As such, you can now get 30% off all of our plugins until the 27th of June.
We received news of a full album being released that used London Acoustics plugins almost exclusively. Italian producer Dropout’s new post-electronica album, “Memories From a Distant Future” is an 8-track conceptual album that delves into the themes of fear and relief, examining the difference between our dreams and our realities.
This time it deserves a somewhat longer and more personal message. It’s been a rough one, 2020. This year was a year of drastic change in both lifestyle and expectations, in a short space of time. Although we have always known that change is inevitable – perhaps even prided ourselves at being adept at it – we have to admit that this year caught us a little underprepared.
If you’re anything like us you’ve had some extra time to spend in your studio this year, so we thought we’d show you a little Black Friday love so that the year can at least sound great. So we are! From today Thursday 26th November until 11:59pm on 30th November get a massive 30% off all of our plugins, including the newest Enna and Telge Enhancer Bundle, Brighton Opto Tube Comp, trusted Osaka Mix EQ and our much-loved first born, Tokyo Tube EQ.
We’ve just upgraded our unmissable flagship Osaka Mix EQ 2 and its awesome vintage cousin Tokyo Tube EQ 2. While we were at it, due to popular demand, we also perfected our Enna & Telge Enhancer Bundle 2 with some spicy new controls. Here are detailed changelogs for each of them.
OsakaMix EQ 2 changelog:
- High pass filter and Low pass filter added
- Cleaner, more accurate frequency-response curves and PH distortion
- New resampled preamp with the same technique of Brighton
- New resampled DRIFT+ with the same technique of Brighton
- Now with full 44, 48, 96 native pack and better SRC
- More efficient with overall CPU usage improvements
- Redefined knobs resolution and progression for a better overall usability
Tokyo Tube EQ 2 changelog:
- Better, more accurate frequency-response curves. Solved some rare cases of reported slight-echo
- Better, more accurate phase distortion
- UI with written Frequency and Volume values, due to popular demand
- New resampled (second unit) preamp with the same technique of Brighton
- Now with full 44, 48, 96 native pack and better SRC
- Overall CPU usage improvement
- Redefined knob resolution and progression for a better usability
Enna and Telge Enhancer Bundle 2 changelog:
- ENNA: Intensity control now with 1/3 button for a lighter action range, ideal for mastering purpose
- ENNA: IN knob for a complete gain staging control
- TELGE: Mix knob for placing the plugin also as insert
- TELGE: IN knob for a complete gain staging control
- BOTH: VU meter revision
We hope you like these updates!
For all our London Acoustics customers: the new N4 update is safe and highly recommended in order to fix several previous issues.
Please make sure to update the N4 engine and the standalone N4PluginName (vst, aax, au) too.
Follow the next steps procedure if you experience issues:
- First of all check if Brighton loaded into N4 is working and recalls the settings.
- Then check if the engine of N4Brighton is the same (last update) of the N4 engine [under “settings” tab in the N4 wrapper frame. See the picture].
- If not, please uninstall (via Aquarius) the previous VST2 standalone version of Brignton and reinstall it.
UPDATE TECHNICAL DETAILS:
February 10, 2020
Core update: N4 R012 (legacy and troubleshooting) and R014 (standard) released.
UPDATED N4, using latest release of the engine 1.4.327, the version N4 .014 and the framework E
it fixes several bugs and a very strange crash bug:
– Dynamic rate conversion disabled on N4 and Aquarius setup for libraries (update repository is mandatory).- Fixed frozen parameters on automation.
– Fixed denormal issues added on Xcode10.
– Fixed strange folders with “\ etc.” create on macOS.
– Fixed N4 crashing when an important folder is not present.
– Fixed generic crashes linked to uninitialized structures.
– Partially fixed meters (direct metering is still not enabled for N4).
– damaged engine folders (caused by aquarius), this fix is only in version R013
– also this version fixes denormals in a better way
About the releases:
R012 is based on old N4 wrapper 1.1.013
R013 is based on new N4 wrapper 1.1.014
They are both based on engine 1.4.327, but LEGACY engines are not supported (in acqua plugin we can set LEGACY mode and enable old engines). Maybe we’ll release something for legacy engines too (compiled on old xcode compilers).
Note: the engine is signed (so Catalina ready), but N4 is still not signed (it will be signed soon). We are waiting for an update soon, so the release candidate will be R014
Also LEGACY engines can’t be signed, they will never be Catalina-ready. So much better if we make version R013/R014 working everywhere, because it could work on Catalina.
ADDENDUM: this is valid also for the newest updates like N4 R015 and following.
We wish you a Merry Christmas and happy New Year!
And thanks to all our supporters for this amazing past year together.
Alright, we may have left it until the last minute, but we couldn’t not show you a little Black Friday and Cyber Monday love in 2019. So we are! From today Friday 29th November until 11:59pm on Monday 2nd December get a massive 30% off all of our plugins, including the newest Brighton Opto Tube Comp, trusted Osaka Mix EQ and our much-loved first born, Tokyo Tube EQ.
Great news for the London Acoustics customers: the new Acquarius update 2.3.002 is available and features Setups for ACQUA libraries!
This means that now Aquarius builds automatically for you the VST2/3, AU & AAX version to load directly the Plug from your DAW plugin list without first having to open N4.
ps. You must have the latest N4 (commercial) or N4 player (FREE!) installed as backend engine – min. 1.1.013